You’ve Been Charging Your Smartphone All Wrong
People often make the mistake of charging their phones overnight when they go to sleep. It is true that smartphones nowadays are equipped with technology and chips that do not allow the charging to go on once it hits 100 per cent.
This protection is triggered once the battery hits full charge but smartphone software is always running and a bit of discharge happens to trickle it down to 99 per cent. Leaving the phone plugged in overnight will constantly charge the phone once it drops to 99 per cent.
Hence, this stresses the battery and over time, it heats up and eventually reduces its lifespan. If not taken care of, the battery can threaten one’s life as it can overheat and explode.